Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Good Day for Something Sweet: Strawberry Salsa

Thanks to everyone who checked in by commenting, by email and through Twitter. Today was better than yesterday, due in no small part to the fact that the WBH stayed home.

Isaac still has a bit of a fever, and we held him a lot today, but he was better. Here's hoping we've turned the corner.

Even with Jeff here, it has been a long day and I need to get to bed ASAP, so I'm posting another recipe even though I just posted one a couple days ago.

I have to admit that I posted my first recipe because I was short on time and hadn't posted in a week. I was desperate for content, but I've discovered that my recipe posts are among my most popular. We must all be hard up for new ideas! Stay tuned, because soon I will be adding a page to the blog that lists all of my recipe posts for easy reference.

But tonight, in answer to a special request from Molly, who commented on my Mango Salsa post that I should share this recipe, I present to you: Strawberry Salsa.

Now I love salsa.

And I love strawberries.

But the two of them together? I admit I was skeptical when I first came across this recipe.

Then I made it, and mmm, mmm! Sweet juicy strawberries with a kick of jalenpeno and garlic. Yum.
Just goes to show how important it is to try new things, because you never know what you might like. Make this salsa and become a believer.

Here's the recipe:

Strawberry Salsa
1 pint fresh strawberries, diced
4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 small red onion, diced
1 to 2 medium jalepeno peppers, minced
juice of 1 lime
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil

Combine strawberries, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Stir in the lime juice, garlic and oil. Cover and chill for 2 hours for best flavor. This is delicious with chicked or pork and, of course, as a dip with tortilla chips. The strawberries tend to get mushy by the next day, so don't feel guilty about eating it all.

Enjoy!
© Trippin' Mama 2010

No comments: