Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's A Mom Question


Amelia was awake at 4:00 this morning. Her legs hurt, she said. Probably growing pains, which I have never experiences unless you count my triplet pregnancy.

I gave her some acetaminophen and an ice pack and laid down with her. To say she was wide awake would be an understatement. First she started talking about our trip to St. Louis and what she liked (playing in the water and seeing the monkeys at the zoo) and what she didn't (the hippos -- too big!). Then she wanted me to tell her a story. Then when she'd settled down and I thought she was almost asleep, I told her I was going back to my own bed.

As I was getting up to leave, Amelia asked, "Mom, why do birds fly?"

I appreciate an inquisitive mind, but not at 5 a.m.

I told her that was a morning question (something we've come up with to stem the flow of questions at bedtime), and it would have to wait.

She replied, "It's not a morning question, it's a Mom question."

That may be, but this Mom isn't answering it until later in the morning!


© Trippin' Mama 2010

No comments: