Thursday, August 19, 2010

Meet Me In St. Louis


My recent absence was due, in part, to our trip to St. Louis. (I say trip, because you can't really call it a vacation when you're chasing kids, washing dishes, and fighting with nap time, can you now?)

This is my only picture of the famous arch. What can I say? I had my hands full!

We were motivated to make the journey because my sister and her family from Montana were going to be there. It was still a bit of a haul for us, especially given all the stops along the way, but a heck of a lot closer than Montana! Alex's sudden refusal to go in his diaper added a little time to our journey, but I kept telling myself that it was worth the diapers we are now saving!

Here's a pic of all the cousins together. Believe me when I tell you it was the best out of seven shots.

Our trip included vists to the park, the zoo, and playtime in the hotel pool. So really, nothing we couldn't do here at home, but still a lot of fun.

A teeter-totter that's just right for us! Sam and Alex balanced out Isaac and Amelia almost exactly.

Our trip also included two boys climbing out of their pack & plays at nap time. When Sam came walking out of the bedroom it was one thing, since I knew his crib was too close to the other beds, so it was easy to climb out onto a queen bed. But when Alex came out I knew I was in trouble. I scolded him and he ran right back into the bedroom and started to climb back in. Yikes! Since Alex and Sam nap in pack & plays during the day at home, this is very bad news.

I have put them back in the pack & plays at home for naps, but I keep a careful ear out now for sounds of an escape. I'm sure it won't be long and I'll have to give up the separate naps and put them all together in their bedroom instead. I just hope I can teach Alex to quit screaming upon waking before that becomes a necessity. Poor Isaac will never get all the sleep he needs!

Today we took everyone to the fair, so I haven't had time to go through all my pictures from St. Louis. Tomorrow I'll tell you all about the turtles and Amelia's fall. That story really needs a few pics to go with it!

© Trippin' Mama 2010

5 comments:

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

oh wow! you are so brave...we took a trip to st. louis this summer too...but without the twins!

lol

Anonymous said...

Hiya :)

Maybe these will help with your escape artists... http://www.kidco.com/main.taf?p=4,5

I read about them on this blog. The lady has a daughter that manages to get out of every thing they tried, except these :)Her blog's here: http://julia.typepad.com/julia/2010/06/promises-promises.html

I don't have kids myself, but thought you may like the info!

Cheers, Eva

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Tolivers, I'm sure we would have seen a lot more of St. Louis sans kiddos, but the zoo was great and we still had a lot of fun. Sometime we'll have to go back -- preferably when they are out of cribs AND potty-trained!

Christy

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

sweetpea16, I know lots of multiples moms who swear by the PeaPod Plus, (apparently they are larger than the Pea Pods and the only way to go!) and a few who pin the zipper shut so their escape artists can't get out.

Christy

Suzy said...

I love that teeter-totter. Might have to go to St. Louis just so our kids can ride it. ;)

Btw, we just ordered 4 peapods for our TX trip, but we haven't tried them out yet. I am super-nervous about changing up the naptime ritual!! Good luck with your transition!