Monday, February 28, 2011

Winter's Last Hurrah


We got another four inches of snow last Friday.


I didn't think my spirit could take any more snow.

Luckily I have kids, and they were thrilled with the snow, which lifted my spirits immensely.


Friday after Amelia came home from school we all went out and played in the white stuff.

Saturday I took her to the sledding hill, hoping it was the last time for the season.


Once we got there, we had a lot of fun and a few wipeouts, too. I quickly forgot about the cold, the hassle of shoveling and driving in the snow, and what a pain it is to bundle everyone up every time we go out. We played for more than an hour before we packed it in. I think we both knew it was the last hurrah.

Sunday it rained. The rain took all the snow with it and left behind mud. Lots and lots of mud.

I'm glad we enjoyed the snow one last time, because you know what? I miss it already.

© Trippin' Mama 2011

1 comment:

Aunt Mary said...

come to Montana..... it will not be spring for a few more months here! And I am SO ready for spring!