Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Another Doctor's Appointment

Fourteen weeks now, and the babies are doing great. They all measure at 15 weeks, and they are all the same size. That's fantastic news.

Despite the great news, it was a tough doctor's visit yesterday. He had to go through the litany of things that could go wrong. His responsibility to be thorough, he said. I appreciate that, and I'm sure it has to do with concerns about getting sued if something goes wrong that he didn't mention, but I left the office completely terrified.

Fortunately, I have family, friends and colleagues who were there to remind me that this is a blessing, and to help restore some of the joy that discussing risks and dangers -- however necessary that conversation may be -- takes away.

Today was still a little tough, but lunch with two caring friends who believe and pray that everything will be fine and we'll be welcoming three healthy babies into the world worked wonders for my spirits. And, of course, four roses from my husband didn't hurt either: one yellow rose for our sweet Amelia and three red roses for the triplets.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anticipation

It's a boy! It's a boy! It's a boy!
Our hearts are filled with joy!
It's a girl! It's a girl! It's a girl!
Life's an amazing whirl!

No, wait- it's a boy, a boy, a girl
We have no patience at all
A girl, a girl, a boy
Just can't wait to see
(in the fall)!
All our love, Mom and Dad
aka Grandma and Grandpa
(with love to Amelia and Taylor)

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Thanks, Grandma D. I think we'll use this on the baby shower invites!

I put up a poll just so we can see what everyone thinks about who's in there.