Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Turtle Kind of Day

Today was a turtle kind of day. That is, a day when I had to move slowly and occasionally contemplate, with some sympathy, the plight of the overturned turtle who struggles to right himself. I'm not that big, yet, but some round ligament pain and general achiness brought on by overdoing it yesterday made it a little tough to move this body around.

Overdoing it? No, I wasn't running marathons -- just walking around Target after a long day at work. Sounds wimpy, I know, but you grow three babies, work full time and get anything else done and then we'll talk.

I checked in the with doctor and was assured that everything was OK, and admonished that it was time to slow down. So, I spent the day working from home today so I could stay off my feet and rest and recover. I'm fortunate to have both a job and an employer that makes that option possible. Ironically, just yesterday I talked with the bosses about working from home one day a week. I was planning to start next week, not the next day!

A good night's sleep (hopefully Amelia will cooperate on that front) and I'll be right as rain tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to our announcement with congrats and good wishes. We appreciate all of your support and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amelia,
I hope you did get some sleep last night! In one week, you will be 2 years old. I remember waiting for you to be born all the day that Allie was graduating from high school. Then we finally heard that you were here and we celebrated!
Love, Grandma D

I'll see you in twelve days.