Sunday, May 18, 2008

Who Flipped the Switch?

Alright, who flipped the pregnancy switch? I was cruising along just fine and then BAM! Someone threw the pregnancy switch and all those usually late-term symptoms have kicked in. Backache and pelvic pain are the main problems right now, and the doc says it's my body telling me to just slow down and take it easy.

I do have to respect the fact that there are three babies in there, so my body's doing more work than it did with one. Since I'm usually active and very little slows me down, it's tough to just rest because I should rest. In a lot of ways, it's like the tail end of the flu. You are laying on the couch feeling pretty good, so you decide to get up and do something. Then once you are on your feet you realize that getting up may not have been the best idea in the world.

On the plus side, I'm nearly halfway through this pregnancy. The docs won't let me go past 36 weeks, and the average triplet pregnancy is 33 weeks. I'm at 16 weeks now. I hope to keep these babies cooking as long as possible, of course, but it sure won't be a 42 week pregnancy like I had with Amelia!

I've heard from many of you that you are praying for all of us. We appreciate that immensely. I'm sure with your prayers and the doctors' expertise we'll welcome three healthy babies this fall. Thanks for being part of the journey.

No comments: