Saturday, January 7, 2012

Oh, Christmas Tree

We are live Christmas tree people. (Well I am, and Jeff goes along with it.)

Yes, it's a hassle. Yes, it bothers my allergies. Yes, today when we took the tree down it rained a million pine needles that I will still be finding come spring. But still, I love a live tree.

I understand the convenience and ease of a pre-lit artificial tree. I just can't bring myself to do it. Especially now that we get to take the kids to choose the tree. That was one of the highlights of the season for us.

But all good things must come to an end, so after the kids were in bed the tree went out and the stockings came down. I left the nativity up since tomorrow is the Feast of the Epiphany when the wise men arrived to honor Jesus. I thought it might also cushion the blow for the kids.

Being kids, there's no predicting them. There will either be tears tomorrow morning that the decorations are gone, or a week from now someone will finally notice and ask me where the stockings are.

We've been enjoying unseasonably warm weather and we got our first garden catalog, so the kids are already talking about spring. Next weekends temps in the teens will be a harsh reality for all of us! But for now, we're just glad we'll have 50 degrees tomorrow to get the Christmas lights down.

© Trippin' Mama 2011

No comments: