Sunday, January 8, 2012

We Want Mama!

The boys are suddenly very, very attached to mom. I don't really understand this phenomenon, though someone will probably assure me that it's developmentally right on target. But holy cow! I can hardly leave the room long enough to pee and when I come back it's like I've been gone for a month!

It's been a long time since the kids got upset when I left, until recently. Now they go crazy when I leave, even when Jeff is here. And they want mama to do everything, which drives their daddy and me up the wall. He wants to pitch in and give me a break, (and I want to take it!) but the boys throw fits and make this difficult.

We both just ignore it and try not to cave, but it makes the going a bit rough around here at times.

One day I ran a quick errand, maybe 15 minutes. The boys all cried the entire time I was gone, and when I got home they piled on me like I'd been gone a month.

And the other day I left and the boys were here playing with Miss Ellen, who is one of their favorite people in the whole world. Still, Isaac was upset when I got home. I tried to talk to him about it.

"It's OK if Mommy leaves for a little while. I always come home to you," I said.

Isaac crossed his arms and gave me his mad face. "No, I want you to stay here forever!" he growled.

It was funny, but not funny all at the same time.

Today I went to the Y to work out during nap time and Sam informed me that it was not OK for me to leave, even if I left while he napped.

The problem is that if I don't get out of here once in a while, I'll go crazy and then they'll be begging me to leave!

© Trippin' Mama 2011

No comments: