Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snickerdoodles To The Rescue!

Day Two of Sam's special diet was a little better than Day One. He cried at supper because he wanted something he couldn't have, and he turned up his nose at the mashed potates I made with chicken stock and non-dairy and non-soy butter substitute. Everyone else ate them though, so I consider that a major win.

Then came snack time. The other kids wanted cookies. Sam can't have most cookies, but last night I picked up a package of completely allergen free snickerdoodles. Sam's never had a snickerdoodle, so I had high hopes that he would like them, since he didn't know the difference. He LOVED them.

And I assuaged my mommy guilt over struggling to feed my child by letting him eat the entire package.

(There were only 12 little 2-inch cookies, but still.)

It helps a lot to have Daddy here so we can give Sam some one-on-one attention at meal time.
I did throw a fit at lunchtime when the other kids were making special requests for meals. That was the end of that. Seems that once in a while it's a good thing for Mom to throw a fit.

Tonight a trip to yet another store yielded some specialty flours and a Pamela's bread mix, a brand my sister-in-law recommends. So tomorrow Sam and I will be mixing up some bread. I have my fingers crossed that it will be something he wants to eat.

In other news, the other day the boys were dipping wads of toilet paper in the toilet and throwing them at the wall. Where do you suppose they learned to do that?

© Trippin' Mama 2012

2 comments:

Suzy said...

1) HA! to letting him eat the whole package of cookies. Love it!

2) Wads of toilet paper in the toilet? And then on the wall?? Please, God, don't ever let my kids think of this idea!! lol

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

I know, the whole package! :)

As for the toilet paper wads, I failed to mention they had peed in the toilet and not flushed before they started this game...

I sent them for early nap so I could wash the walls, the floor, the toilet, the door. EWWW!