Monday, June 30, 2008

22 Weeks and Growing Strong

Today marks the start of 22 weeks into this triplet pregnancy. I am now the same size I was when I delivered Amelia -- 41 inches around and 27 pounds of baby weight. It's hard to believe how quickly I have grown.

We are becoming cautiously optimistic about reaching the 24-week mark, which is viability for the babies. Of course, we hope to go well beyond that, but we'll get there in baby steps, if you will. I have another doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and they will do a big ultrasound to measure the babies and make sure everyone's growing well. My ribs have started to hurt again, so I assume someone in there is making themselves a little more room.

It's nearly 9 p.m., an hour past Amelia's bedtime and she's been bouncing in her crib since we put her down. Now she's up to use the potty. The part of me that's thrilled she's learning to use the potty is being cancelled out by the part of me that is NOT thrilled she's still awake. Please Lord, let the triplets sleep better than their big sister!

No comments: