Monday, June 23, 2008

A Little Stomach Bug

Today brings a little stomach bug to our family. Or at least, to Mom and Dad. Dad toughed it out at work, but Mom headed to the doctor's office to make sure the awful stomach ache that prompted a 3:30 a.m. call to the doctor was just a stomach ache and nothing more.

The babies are fine, but I was running a low grade fever and was nauseous, so the doctor sent me to the lab for some blood work to make sure it wasn't my liver or gall bladder acting up. I didn't get a call this afternoon, so it appears all is well. The doc suspects that the babies are starting to squish my stomach, so it's a little gastritis, but the fact that Jeff's got the same symptoms -- and no babies inside him -- probably means it's just a bug.

I did sleep for four hours today, and that helped. Hopefully I'll be ready to to return to work tomorrow.

No comments: