Wednesday, June 18, 2008

And, to the World's Greatest Husband

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Jeff, world's greatest husband and father, as part of my belated Father's Day tributes.

Honey, thanks for all the nights you slept with Amelia on your chest until we figured out it was the acid reflux that was keeping her up. Thanks for being willing to be silly with her, even when we're both frustrated with her two-year-old behavior. Thanks for playing in the sand, watching repeated episodes of the same cartoon, making the world's best macaroni and cheese (Kraft, for you non-parents and novices out there), handling a thousand "again" requests with a smile, giving baths and reading bedtime stories.

Thank you, too, for being unbelievably excited about having triplets on the way, especially when I get overwhelmed. Thank you for pulling out tiny baby clothes and grinning ear to ear at the thought of having babies in the house again. Thank you for taking over most of the household work without complaint as I get bigger and slower. And thank you for thinking that I'm beautiful even though I'm growing at a frightening rate.

I love you with all my heart, and there's no one in the world I would rather share this adventure with.

No comments: