Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Memories of Fireflies

When Jeff and I got home from our date night/shopping adventure, Amelia was in her crib, but wide awake and bouncing up and down. So, we let her get up for a while, and when the fireflies came out, we took her outside to chase them.

Amelia LOVED the fireflies! She caught them and was tickled to show me how they were lighting up in her hands. If they would fly up higher than she could reach she'd yell, "Daddy, get it!" She ran all over the yard squealing and giggling. I honestly don't know who enjoyed it more, her or us. We took a little video, which I'll try to post later when I feel more ambitious and it's not so close to bedtime. The expression on her face was totally worth the tears she shed when we had to come in and go night-night.

That, my friends, is one of the great joys of having kids. And I'm looking forward to having four running around the yard instead of just one.

No comments: