Tuesday, August 12, 2008

For the Sake of Posting

Some days I have all kinds of blog posts crowding my thoughts. Other days, not so much. But I've learned that if I don't post for a few days, the calls and emails start coming in wondering if everything's OK. I always appreciate a call or an email, but I hate to worry all those of you who are busy worrying about us, so I thought I'd better post.

Yesterday started out fine, but by noon I was just plumb tuckered. I was supposed to have dinner with a couple friends I haven't seen in forever, but I had to cancel. The triplets are already in charge here, and they were demanding I rest! And, even with 28 weeks under our belts, there's no sense in taking any risks. Big, healthy babies is the goal.

But, thankfully I slept very well last night and Amelia slept the whole night, too. So by today I was feeling fine. It's amazing what a good night's sleep -- even one interrupted by 11 bathroom breaks -- can do!

I am looking forward to tomorrow, which is massage day. Carrying all this weight straight out front is the best quad workout I've ever had! The massage therapist gives my legs a break by working out all the muscle knots I redevelop weekly carrying my precious cargo around.

I have a doctor's appointment Thursday with one of the partners in the practice since my doc is on vacation. I'll do my gestational diabetes test and then it's weekly appointments after that. I hope to be able to continue my streak of not having much to report.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! I check your blog every day and did have a little 'worry' going when you skipped a day. Glad to hear everything is good! :)