Saturday, August 2, 2008

Shhhh...Listen!

Do you hear that?

It's silence.

It is 7:40 a.m. and everyone in my house is still sleeping. The key person in this equation being Amelia, of course.

OK, I admit that she woke up at 6:30 a.m., but went right back to sleep when Jeff brought her to our bed. It's a tight fit for the six of us, but not a problem if she settles down fast. Heaven knows I need another person kicking me like a hole in the head!

Being in our bed is a special treat for Amelia, but we are not above trying that trick if it gets us an extra hour of sleep on a Saturday morning. Remember, sleeping through the night is still the exception instead of the rule for this child!

My mom has the church ladies praying that Amelia will learn to sleep through the night before the babies arrive. And it seems to be working. Amelia's doing much better lately. She's slept 11 hours straight for 7 out of 10 nights recently. That's way up from her usual pattern. So keep praying ladies!

The other day -- our third full night's sleep in a row -- I told Jeff that if I had to pick between not biting and sleeping all night, Amelia could bite as many people as she wanted! Not a sound judgment call, but I was giddy with sleep.

So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to revel in a little morning silence for a few minutes longer...

No comments: