Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Good for a Laugh

One of the things Jeff and I are doing to get ready for the triplets is cleaning out the basement and building in some storage. (Of course, when I say "we" I mean he's lugging all the boxes and I'm going through a few things here and there.) We're pitching some things, and getting a kick out of going through boxes of memorabilia from high school and college.

For those of you who don't know Jeff and me well, we met when we were 15 and our first date was junior prom. We found our prom pictures, and they were certainly good for a laugh. In our senior prom photo, Jeff is sporting a cast. He broke his foot about a week before senior prom, which limited his dance moves even more than usual.

I also found a ticket stub from a show I saw in college with my friend, Kari. I forget what show it was, but Barry Williams (AKA Greg Brady) was the star of the show, and she made me stand in line afterwards to get his autograph. I knew she got her ticket signed, but had blocked out the fact that I did, too!

While we're pretty motivated to pitch things right now, we're trying to hang on to some of the things we think our kids will enjoy laughing at years from now...but not those that will give them too much cause to mock us!

No comments: