Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lady of Leisure...Yeah, Right!

If it weren't for the massive belly I'm resting my laptop on, I could almost feel like a lady of leisure today. I saw the massage therapist this morning, though I consider that a necessity, not a luxury. If it weren't for her work (painful at times!) on my back and legs, I don't know if I'd still be on my feet.

It's not exactly a leisure day, as I've been working from home. But, telecommuting does afford me the luxury of indulging my need for a nap. One hour over lunch makes the whole world a better place. Even though Amelia has been sleeping well the last couple of nights, I've been getting more tired and tired faster. So that nap is really becoming more than a luxury. I was asleep before my head hit the pillow and didn't wake up once until the alarm rang an hour later. Ahhhh.

But what really makes me feel like a lady of leisure is a wonderful young college student named Becky. Becky comes once a week to do whatever needs to be done to keep the house from caving in on itself. This week it's picking up Amelia's room, doing some laundry, wiping down the bathrooms, vacuuming and cleaning the kitchen. I can smell the clean from here. I always feel better after she's been here to help conquer some of the chaos.

Becky's putting her earnings toward her college education, so I guess that makes a fifth college tuition I'm going to pay for!

No comments: